Integrated Approach to Balance with Motion Capture System
Real-time motion capture system and 3-dimensional analyses are emerging as powerful tools in physical therapy and rehabilitation science. This session will blend comprehensive posture and balance rehabilitation to facilitate pre-gait and gait activities, including soft tissue, joint mobility, muscle strength, and range of motion activities. Integrated data from a motion capture system will be introduced to evaluate and treat dysfunction through a problem-solving process. The speakers also will present comprehensive postural compensation patterns based on kinetic data on the ground, as well as kinematic data from trunk motion, to assess balance.
Paul Sung, PT, DPT: Dr. Paul Sung is Associate Professor in the Department of Physical Therapy at Central Michigan University in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan. Dr. Sung conducted his research fellowship at the Iowa Spine Research Center in the Biomedical Engineering Department at the University of Iowa in Iowa City, Iowa. He is a member of the International Society for the Study of the Lumbar Spine as well as the American Physical Therapy Association. His research interests include the mechanisms of chronic low back pain, kinetic and kinematic measures, the sports injury mechanism, and non-operative spine care and its clinical application to neuromuscular control.
cert_Insert Up To
cert_NV credit value
cert_OH approval code
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Define mechanical principles of kinetic and kinematic data in biomechanical applications with neuromuscular principles of movement.
- Apply kinetic and kinematic indices to understand neuromuscular analyses in the study of human motion and posture.
- Describe normal postural components in functional positions and identify common deviations from normal posture in elderly individuals.
- Explain novel approaches and solutions for improving the rehabilitation of patients with neuromusculoskeletal dysfunction.
Brought to you by
|2||Integrated Approach to Balance with Motion Capture System|
- Non Member$169.00(until 12/31/2030)
- Member$99.00(until 12/31/2030)