This is Part 1 of a 2-part series on Functional Medicine. Review Part 2
This course will educate the audience about what is Functional Medicine and how Functional Medicine principles can be implemented in physical therapy clinical practice. Functional Medicine is a holistic approach to recovering from debilitating conditions, such as progressive neuromuscular conditions, by addressing the root cause of illness and health promotion through supportive diet and lifestyle choices. This course will educate the audience about what is Functional Medicine and how Functional Medicine principles can be implemented in physical therapy clinical practice.
Meet our Speaker
Donna DeSanto Ott, PT MS, is a pediatric physical therapist practicing in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She is currently a physical therapy doctoral student at Arcadia University and has a strong interest in environmental medicine. She is certified by the Functional Medicine Coaching Academy (FMCA), a collaborative of the Institute for Functional Medicine, and by Epidemic Answers, through which she provides health coaching.
cert_Insert Up To
cert_OH approval code
- Explain the benefits of applying Functional Medicine principles to support a patient receiving physical therapy services.
- Apply a systems biology approach to promote health.
- Have an awareness and basic understanding of the Functional Medicine Timeline and Matrix.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of modifiable lifestyle factors that can be used to support health and healing.
- Discuss simple, practical ways to support natural detoxification pathways.
- Identify resources that will help patients address the root cause of disease.
Brought to you by
|2||Assessment - Functional Medicine #1|
- Non Member$169.00(until 12/31/2030)
- Member$99.00(until 12/31/2030)