Pharmacology in Rehabilitation
This course in 14 hours of recorded lectures will present the primary drug classes and the physiologic basis of their action. Drugs will be grouped according to their general effects and the type of disorders they are routinely used to treat. Special emphasis will be placed on drugs that are commonly used to treat people receiving physical therapy. This course will likewise address how drug therapy interacts with physical therapy, and how drugs can exert beneficial effects as well as adverse side effects that impact on rehabilitation.
In addition the course includes these add-ons: gastrointestinal drugs, drug treatments for infection, and complimentary or alternative medicines, that are not available in the specialized pharmacological courses. Overall you will save 15% by taking the bundled course!
NOTE: Please complete Part 1 prior to taking the other Lessons.
The stand-alone specialized courses are:
- Pharmacology in Rehabilitation: Basic Principles (LMS-735)Prerequisite
cert_Insert Up To
cert_NV credit value
cert_OH approval code
cert_PA DA hours
cert_PA Ethics hours
cert_PA Gen hours
- Integrate pharmacokinetic principles with pharmacodynamics, and judge how drug effects are influenced by their administration, absorption, distribution, storage, and metabolism in the human body.
- Compare and contrast general categories of drugs that are used therapeutically to treat specific problems in the body.
- Compare and contrast the physiological mechanisms by which individual drugs affect the different organ systems in the body.
- Evaluate drug side effects, and differentiate these side effects from the symptoms of the patient’s disease(s).
- Assess situations where drug levels are too high versus too low (i.e., increased drug toxicity versus decreased efficacy).
- Judge the potential for harmful interactions between specific drugs and various physical therapy interventions.
- Choose physical therapy interventions in accordance with the patient’s drug regimen.
Sponsored by logo
Brought to you by
|1||Assesment_Pharmacology in Rehabilitation|
|2||Assessment_Pharmacology in Rehabilitation|
- Non Member$800.00(until 12/31/2030)
- Member$475.00(until 12/31/2030)