The health care environment is rapidly changing. The need to successfully demonstrate the effectiveness of your services is becoming more evident. Yet, many organizations hang onto a volume-based approach to determine successful performance of the therapist. We can do better. This course will lay the foundation for you and your organization to understand the need to transform how you evaluate performance. There will be a brief review of current and expected activities related to payment models, utilization review, regulatory environment, and legislative actions. The speakers will explain how value—the outcome of the physical therapist care relative to cost or the resources needed to provide the care—is a better indicator of performance. They will identify areas that are unique to physical therapist care, and use standard terms to help describe the value equation.
cert_Insert Up To
cert_NV credit value
cert_OH approval code
cert_PA DA hours
cert_PA Ethics hours
cert_PA Gen hours
- Identify current trends in health care that are pushing physical therapists to shift from a volume-based model to a value-based system for evaluating the effectiveness of care that is provided.
- Compare and contrast the differences between volume- and value-based performance models.
- Describe the core components of value that can be used across health care settings to identify value.
- Justify the need for your organization to use value to identify opportunities in marketing or quality improvement.
- Identify the value indicators that are important for your organization to monitor.
Brought to you by
|2||Assessment_Productivity or Value|