Advanced Musculoskeletal Assessment for Physical Therapists in the Home Health Setting
This is an elective course in the Advanced Competency in Home Health program. However, it is also a stand-alone course and you are not required to participate in the Advanced Competency program in order to complete this course.
This course is designed to prepare the physical therapist in the home health setting for advanced assessment and intervention strategies for patients that present with musculoskeletal limitations. This course also serves as an advanced complement to the Home Health Clinical Assessment course [LMS-843].
Meet our Presenters
Steve Noveshen, PT, MPT, OCS is a licensed physical therapist, an Orthopedic Certified Specialist and an APTA Certified Instructor with extensive clinical experience. Mr. Noveshen is currently a practicing clinician at Providence Health and Services in Portland, Oregon in the sports physical therapy setting. Previously, he worked at the University of California, San Francisco outpatient faculty practice as well as private outpatient practices in San Francisco, Concord, and New York City. Mr. Noveshen has treated a wide range of various orthopedic, neurological and geriatric conditions and has worked with numerous MMA athletes, collegiate baseball, basketball and former professional football players. Mr. Noveshen went through a hands-on year-long course focused on Maitland techniques and theories, a specialized Australian manual therapy approach to treatment. He currently treats full-time and serves as a clinical instructor for local physical therapy students. Mr. Noveshen has presented at the University of California, San Francisco Orthopedic Seminar on functional testing to return to sport for upper extremity injuries. He graduated from the University of Arizona with his BS in Physiological Sciences and earned his master's degree in physical therapy from California State University, Long Beach.
Nicholas J Panaro, PT, DPT, GCS has been a licensed Physical therapist since 2003 upon graduation from Saint Francis University in Loretto, PA with a Masters in Physical Therapy. In December 2015 Dr. Panaro completed his Doctor of Physical Therapy degree from Temple University. Earlier in 2015 Dr. Panaro became a Board Certified Geriatric Clinical Specialist (GCS) through the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties. Dr Panaro has been practicing in Home Health for 10 years as an employee of UPMC Home Nursing Agency.
As a home health physical therapist Dr Panaro has been active in Same Day Joint Replacement Protocol initiated by his Agency as well as participated in data collection for CMS CJR program since 2014. Dr Panaro also has advanced certifications as both a Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES) and Senior Fitness Specialist (SFS) from the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM). In 2004, Dr Panaro co-founded Sports Evolution, LLC providing performance enhancement programming for young athletes ages 8 and up using evidence based training techniques and program design while emphasizing proper movement patterns and injury prevention.
cert_Insert Up To
cert_OH approval code
cert_PA DA hours
cert_PA Ethics hours
cert_PA Gen hours
- To review musculoskeletal (MSK) screening tools utilized by the Home Health Physical Therapist during an assessment in which a pathology or impairment of MSK origin is hypothesized
- Review common physiologic changes in aging population and that relate to patient’s presentation including limitations and restrictions while using the ICF model as a guide
- Examine various forms of interventions to prescribe and apply with a Home Health patient based on evidence for improved quality of life
- Review common surgical procedures referred to HHAs and describe the roles HH PTs play during healing and initial stages of rehabilitation.
- Explore manual therapy (MT) in the HH setting including utilizing alternative patient positioning and to provide the proper care in changing treatment environments
Sponsored by logo
Brought to you by
|2||Assessment_Ortho for the Home Health PT|
- Non Member$300.00(until 12/31/2030)
- Member$180.00(until 12/31/2030)
- Home Health$162.00(until 12/31/2030)