The live Q and A session was held on March 9, 2017. This direct link to the recording of that session: Q and A recording.
There are NO CEUs for this course
The content was pre-recorded and this is the direct link to that recording: pre-recording.(the link is also in the resources list).
Session Description: This course provides an introduction to the basic concepts of population health, and in particular challenges faced by employers.
Panelists discuss why and how PTs can offer viable solutions by appealing directly to employers. Whether the employer is self-insured or not, they are motivated now more than ever to lower healthcare costs and maintain a healthy and productive workforce. Initiating outreach directly to the employer community to convey the value of physical therapist led efforts in reducing future overall health care costs and morbidity will be outlined. An overview of the potential challenges and pitfalls in establishing employer based programs is also presented. Attendees will be introduced to the concept of population health management as a tool to “transform society".
This is a beginning course meant to stimulate thought and discussion. Review this recordings and feel free to share your ideas with us - our email contact information is in the slide deck handout.
cert_Insert Up To
- Discuss why outreach to the employer community is important to the PT profession.
- Recognize the primary population health problems facing employers and US healthcare system.
- Identify ways that PTs can offer employers a solution.
- Identify the challenges and opportunities.
- Initiate the discussion on the physical therapist's role in population health management.
Brought to you by
|1||Employer Initiative Intro Webinar_0_0.mp4|