Specialist Certification Examination Item Writing: An Overview
This course provides an overview of techniques for writing certification examination items, presented by the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties. This online course is step one in the overall Specialization Academy of Content Experts (SACE) Item Writing course. The content presented is foundational and applies equally to all areas of specialization.
cert_Insert Up To
- Identify the three parts of a valid A-type item.
- Recall the characteristics of an acceptable item stem, lead-in, and item options.
- Recognize the characteristics of G-type items.
- Identify best practices for writing vignettes.
- Recall the importance of maintaining test confidentiality.
- Identify appropriate item submission guidelines.
- Recognize the rules for writing valid items.
- Identify examples of well-written and poorly written items.
Brought to you by