Measuring Outcomes of Pediatric Physical Therapy - 2018
The is a 14-week interactive course which includes four (4) learning modules (see schedule below) and is limited to 48 seats.
Each module will include:
- recorded presentation and handout(s)
- assessment of learning
- guided discussion forum
- assignments which may or may not be presented to the class
- live calls with the instructors
Team members will be expected to share resources, challenges, and successes while learning and applying course information. The course instructors will provide the participants with responses to their questions, reading materials and other resources to support ongoing learning during and following the course.
Pediatric physical therapists have a wide variety of choices for standardized tests and measures. The purpose of this continuing education course is to guide participants in evidence-based decision making for optimal selection, administration, interpretation, and sharing results of pediatric outcome measures. Through actual case scenarios, participants will develop skills related to integration of standardized tests and measures into their practice settings. The ICF framework will be used to guide course discussion and content.
Knowledge translation strategies will be discussed as a means to support sharing the information with professional colleagues, children, and families. Participants will develop skills related to knowledge brokering in order to disseminate the knowledge and skills gained from this course in their workplace.
The 4-modules are:
- LMS-958 - Module 1: Standardized Tests and Measures of Activity for Pediatric Physical Therapy Practice
- LMS-959 - Module 2: Impairment and Single Task Activity Tests and Measures for Pediatric Physical Therapy Practice
- LMS-960 - Module 3: Selecting and Interpreting Tools for Diagnostic/Discriminative, Screeing/Prognosis, and Evaluative Purposes
- LMS-961 - Module 4: Determining Priorities and Measuring Participation in Pediatric Physical Therapy Practice: Collaborative Goal Setting, Ecological Assessment
- LMS-961A - Final Assessment: Comprehensive Assessment required for obtaining CEUs
Schedule Overview (All calls are scheduled for 8pm Eastern time):
- The course will kick off with a live call on September 4 at 8PM This is a tech overview and course expectations
- Module 1 starts on August 15 and the Live session is September 19
- Module 2 starts on September 19 and the Live session is October 17
- Module 3 starts on October 17 and the Live session is November 6
- Module 4 starts on November 6 and the Live session is December 4
- The Final Course Assessment will be available on December 5
- The course ENDS on December 18, 2018
Learning Path Type
Brought to you by
Measuring Outcomes of Pediatric PT
Module 1: Standardized Tests and Measures of Activity for Pediatric Physical Therapy Practice
Module 2: Impairment and Single Task Activity Tests and Measures for Pediatric Physical Therapy Practice
Module 3: Selecting and Interpreting Tools for Diagnostic/Discriminative, Screening/Prognosis, and Evaluative Purposes
Determining Priorities and Measuring Participation in Pediatric Physical Therapy Practice
Measuring Outcomes 2018 Cohort: FINAL ASSESSMENT