This OncoReads Self-Study course is to help the reader develop an understanding and clinical knowledge of the role of physical therapy in patients with advanced cancer receiving palliative and hospice treatment.
Meet the Authors
Montagnini, Marcos; Javier, Noelle Marie; Mitchinson, AllisonDr. Montagnini is the director of the VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System Palliative Care Program. He graduated from Faculdade De Ciencias Medicas and completed his fellowship in internal medicine geriatrics and the University of Michigan Health System, and is board certified in Internal Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, and Hospice and Palliative Care. He also developed and directs the University of Michigan Hospice and Palliative Medicine fellowship program which was accredited in 2008. Dr. Montagnini oversees palliative care program development for the VA Integrated Service Network (VISN)11, which includes eight hospitals in Michigan, Illinois and Indiana. He belongs to several professional organizations, and leads regional and national geriatrics and palliative care committees. He has authored several publications in palliative care and has presented his work nationally and internationally. His academic interests include hospice and palliative medicine education, rehabilitation in palliative care, palliative care program development and palliative care applied to geriatric populations.
cert_Insert Up To
cert_NV credit value
cert_OH approval code
cert_PA Gen hours
- Define the role of rehabilitation in the hospice and palliative care settings.
- Discuss the key points in the assessment and planning of palliative rehabilitation.
- Identify the various multidisciplinary stakeholders involved in establishing care of patients in the palliative setting.
- eference three functional outcome measures used to quantify and qualify function, mobility, endurance, and fall risk in patients receiving hospice and palliative care services.
- Become familiar with other integral members of the health care team and their role in caring for patients receiving hospice and palliative care
Sponsored by logo
Brought to you by
- Non Member$100.00(until 12/31/2030)
- Member$60.00(until 12/31/2030)
- Oncology$54.00(until 12/31/2030)