Aquatic Physical Therapy Clinical Competency Course: Aquatic Billing and Documentation
This course is a pre-requisite required to complete the Aquatic Physical Therapy Clinical Competency Certificate.
Documentation and Billing for Aquatic Physical Therapy Services is a 2-part competency-based assessment involving the foundations of clinical documentation and coding and billing required for the delivery of aquatic physical therapy services. Components of Part 1 include minimum documentation requirements, practice standards for documentation, incorporating APTA's 5 elements of patient/client management, establishing medical necessity of aquatic therapy services, defining reasonable and necessary services, and using functional reporting.
Part 2 includes important information on using correct coding to bill for aquatic therapy services, fraud and abuse, and denials. The course offers built-in knowledge checks using case studies to improve participants' understanding of the content. References are included in a separate file and are accessible at any time during the presentation.
Courses are designed to be viewed in the following browsers: Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
cert_Insert Up To
cert_NV credit value
cert_OH approval code
cert_PA DA hours
cert_PA Ethics hours
cert_PA Gen hours
Following completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the essential elements of documentation required for aquatic physical therapy services.
- Synthesize the A.P.T.A.'s five elements of patient/client management for documentation of aquatic physical therapy services.
- Describe the components of documentation required to support/justify the medical necessity of aquatic physical therapy services.
- Interpret the current CMS guidelines for reimbursement of aquatic physical therapy services.
- Analyze and apply current private insurance guidelines for payment of aquatic physical therapy services.
- Evaluate case studies and answer questions with regard to documentation of aquatic physical therapy services.
Brought to you by
- Non Member$124.00(until 12/31/2030)
- Member$99.00(until 12/31/2030)
- Aquatic Physical Therapy Section$89.00(until 12/31/2030)