Implementation of Hospital-Based Direct Access Highlighting Direct Ordering of Diagnostic Imaging
This Webinar is scheduled for April 20, 2017 - 1:00 - 2:00 p.m. (EST) - mark your calendar! and watch your email - Please be sure your email is up to date in our system.
NEW FORMAT! We're using a "flipped classroom" delivery method. Here's how it works: 2 to 3 weeks before the live webinar, you will receive a link to the pre-recorded content presentation. In order to prepare for the Live Webinar, you must review the content so that you will be able to interact with the presenter on April 20th.
On the day of the webinar, the recording will NOT be replayed, but the presenter will provide a brief overview of the content and respond to questions from participants using the chat function. This Q and A session will be approximately 1 hour in length and it will be recorded for anyone who cannot attend live.
The purpose of this course is to build the case for granting physical therapists privileges to order diagnostic imaging followed by an administrative case report of successful implementation of direct access at a hospital-based outpatient clinic. Navigating administrative barriers, securing physical therapy (PT) board approval for ordering of imaging studies, partners with radiologists and tracking of reimbursement data will be discussed. The course will conclude with several case reports in which the use of diagnostic imaging directly influenced clinical decision making.
cert_Insert Up To
- Review the pre-recorded session, compile questions for the live Q and A session.
- Following the Q and A, complete the assessment with a 70% or higher score.
- Submit your evaluation feedback.
- Print your certificate.
- Develop an effective plan to secure administrative approval to embrace direct access and secure imaging privileges for physical therapists.
- Cite appropriate research that supports granting physical therapists privileges to order imaging studies directly.
- Describe the impact diagnostic imaging can have on clinical decision making when ordered appropriately.
- Effectively prepare to answer common questions and concerns over granting therapists diagnostic imaging privileges.
Brought to you by
- Non Member$169.00(until 12/31/2030)
- Member$99.00(until 12/31/2030)