2015 Medicare Postacute Care Seminar: Preparing Therapists to Thrive in a Challenging Payment Environment
(Live Event) Turn to APTA to receive current and accurate information on policy changes and federal regulations that impact physical therapy in the home health, skilled nursing, inpatient rehabilitation, and long-term care hospital settings. The seminar provides pertinent information for PTs, PTAs, and administrative staff to improve practice and ensure compliance with federal regulations and laws. Participate in-person at APTA headquarters in Alexandria, Virginia, or via livestream from your home or workplace. Invite co-workers to join you on the day of the event, or afterward to view the recordings. Seminar topics include how to comply with mandatory implementation of the IMPACT act (efforts to create one 1 Medicare postacute care payment system), documentation to get paid for what you do and as well as minimize risk of an audit, and 2016 updates to the payment policies for prospective payment systems in home health, skilled nursing, and inpatient rehabilitation settings. Receive on-the-spot responses to your questions by participating in this must-attend event to prepare for 2016.
cert_Insert Up To
cert_NV credit value
cert_OH approval code
cert_PA DA hours
cert_PA Ethics hours
cert_PA Gen hours
- Identify the latest developments in Medicare, and determine their impact on your postacute care practice setting.
- Adapt your agency and facility practices to address current and emerging challenges to providing rehabilitation services.
- Discuss the latest developments in Medicare postacute reform and how they apply to your setting.
- Implement documentation tips important to support medical necessity of services and patient classification
- Minimize risk of denials or delays in payment through knowledge of appropriate patient classification and documentation.
- Learn how to streamline your internal practices to ensure compliance with federal rules and regulations.
- Identify the latest trends in Medicare implementation of innovative payment and practice models, such as accountable care organizations, bundled payment, and site neutral payment.
Brought to you by
Day 1: Saturday
09:00 AM EST
05:30 PM EST
1111 North Fairfax Street