Diagnosis of Upper-Quadrant Lymphedema Secondary to Cancer
NOTE: The article for this course is available through the Rehabilitation Oncology (RO) site; or in the Resources area of this course.
This OncoReads self-study will provide the learner with a guide to selecting clinical measures of lymphedema in an oncologic physical therapy practice.
Primary Author bio:
Dr. Levenhagen is an Associate Professor at Saint Louis University. She teaches Survey of Disease, Components of Effective Teaching and Communication, Multi System Management, Patient Management and Interprofessional Team Seminar. Dr. Levenhagen is an APTA Credentialed Clinical Instructor and Credentialed Advanced Clinical Instructor. She has a Wound Care Certification and is a Certified Lymphedema Therapist, as well as extensive clinical experience in acute care with her affiliation at Saint Louis University Hospital. She has published in the areas of infection control, HIV, lymphedema, wound care and education. In addition to her 30 year APTA membership, she is a member of the Academy of Acute Care Physical Therapy, Wound Management Special Interest Group and the Academy of Oncologic Physical Therapy. Recently, she joined the House of Delegates as a representative from Missouri.
cert_Insert Up To
cert_NV credit value
Upon completion of this OncoRead course, the learner will be able to:
- Describe the clinical practice guideline process to evaluate and recommend clinical measures for secondary lymphedema related to cancer in patients with cancer
- Describe important criteria for evaluating and selecting clinical measures of secondary lymphedema related to cancer for use in clinical practice.
- Utilize the clinical practice guideline recommendations to select measures of secondary lymphedema related to cancer in an oncology practice setting.
- Describe the psychometric properties for recommended clinical measures of secondary lymphedema related to cancer.
Sponsored by logo
Brought to you by
- Non Member$100.00(until 12/31/2030)
- Member$60.00(until 12/31/2030)
- Oncology$54.00(until 12/31/2030)