Ultrasound-Guided Dry Needling
This is a partnered course with the AIUM (The American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine)* and is FREE to all Physical Therapists. It will be delivered on Monday, July 23, 2018 at 7:00 PM. Register directly on their site
Following the presentation, participants should be able to:
- Explain the advantages of ultrasound-guided needling over unguided techniques.
- Understand approaches to ultrasound guided needling including direct, indirect, in-plane and out-of-plane techniques.
- Be familiar with the sono appearance of larger gage ( finer) acupuncture needles in different planes.
- Know the difference between "clean" and "sterile" techniques
- Give examples of the applications of ultrasound-guided needling including peri-neural and intra-muscular needling.
- Cite the precautions associated with needling techniques including proximity to neurovascular and visceral structures.
Scott Epsley, PT, Grad Cert. Sports Physio, SCS, RMSK
NOTE: NO CEUs are offered through the APTA Learning Center
*The American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide CME activities for physicians. The AIUM designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
cert_Insert Up To
Brought to you by