Home Health Advanced Competency (Physical Therapist Track) Core Courses
This is a hybrid Competency program which contains 5 core online courses; one in-person classroom course; and several elective online courses. Details on complete program requirements are available from the Home Health Section.
All of the modules in this program are also stand-a-lone should individuals simply wish to learn more about a specific topic as it relates to Home Health. Click on the link to access the individual course:
- Home Health Clinical Assessment (.5 CEUs)
- Pharmacology for the Home Health Physical Therapist (.5 CEUs)
- Home Health Regulation and Documentation (.3 CEUs)
- Balance and Falls: Factors, Measurements, and Interventions for Home Health (.5 CEUs)
- Ethical Considerations for Physical Therapists Practicing in the Home Health Setting (.2 CEUs)
The Home Health Section’s Advanced Competency in Home Health program synthesizes current evidence-based practice and tailors it to the unique physical therapy setting of home health. This program enables home health agencies, outpatient practices that provide home care physical therapy, and individual physical therapists to enhance efficacy and efficiency of treatment of their home health patients and clients.
- For therapists entirely new to home care. This program will prepare you for the unique characteristics of practicing in the home care setting. This includes an in-depth orientation to performing clinical assessments of patients in their homes, recommended tests and measures to assess patient performance, and instruction in the regulatory requirements specific to home care. The program also will give you needed supplementary education in pharmacology to prepare you for medication review with home care patients, and will provide advanced tools for managing some of the most common treatment scenarios encountered in home care.
- For therapists already practicing in home care. This program will allow you to increase and test your expertise in home health. The program will also bring you up-to-date on regulatory requirements and best practice in the home care setting. Most important, success in this program distinguishes you as an advanced clinician in home health.
- For agencies and practices providing home care physical therapist services. This program enables you to ensure that the physical therapists you employ are adequately trained to work autonomously in the home health field. Whether you send new hires or existing staff through the advanced competency program, it’s an important investment in your peace of mind.
To obtain the advanced competency, you will need to complete all 5 core courses, an in-person classroom module, and several online elective courses. The final score for each of the online courses must be 70%.
Learning Path Type
Brought to you by
Home Health Advanced Competency - Core Courses
Home Health Clinical Assessment
Pharmacology for the Home Health Physical Therapist
Home Health Regulation & Documentation
Balance & Falls: Factors, Measurements, and Interventions for Home Health
Ethical Considerations for Physical Therapists Practicing in the Home Health Setting
- Non Member$900.00(until 12/31/2030)
- Member$540.00(until 12/31/2030)
- Home Health$486.00(until 12/31/2030)