Information on APTA’s Revised Code of Ethics for the Physical Therapist and Standards of Ethical Conduct for the Physical Therapist Assistant
The APTA Code of Ethics for the Physical Therapist and Standards of Ethical Conduct for the Physical Therapist Assistant are covered in this online course. The Code of Ethics for the Physical Therapist addresses the five roles of the PT (clinician, administrator, educator, researcher, and consultant), the core values of the profession, and the multiple realms of ethical action. The Standards of Ethical Conduct for the Physical Therapist Assistant more fully address the roles of the PTA in all areas of physical therapy and the multiple realms of ethical action. This online course provides a brief history of ethics in physical therapy, discusses the rationale for revising the Code and Standards in 2010, and examines the revised Code and Standards in detail.
NOTE: This is a prerequisite course for PTA’s pursuing the advanced proficiency pathway (APP).
This course only works on a PC Browser - IE 10/11 or Chrome. Course content is available as a downloadable handout in the Resources area.
cert_Insert Up To
cert_NV credit value
cert_OH approval code
cert_PA DA hours
cert_PA Ethics hours
cert_PA Gen hours
- Recall how and why the Code of Ethics and Standards of Ethical Conduct were revised by APTA.
- Separate fact from fiction regarding the revised ethics documents.
- Identify the central ethical obligations set forth in the revised Code of Ethics and Standards of Ethical Conduct.
Brought to you by
- Non Member$99.00(until 12/31/2030)
- Member$59.00(until 12/31/2030)