This is a text-based self-study course containing 6 chapters of content:
- Chapter 1 - Performance Enhancement Training for the Adolescent Athlete
- Chapter 2 - Common Musculoskeletal Injuries and Rehabilitation Concerns in Youth Athlete
- Chapter 3 - Overuse Injuries in Pediatric Athletics
- Chapter 4 - Burnout and Injury Recovery in Sports
- Chapter 5 - Nutrition Considerations for Youth and Adolescent Athletes
- Chapter 6 - Providing Appropriate Medical Care in Secondary School Athletics: The TEAM Approach
Gail “Cookie” Freidhoff-Bohman, PT
Mark DeCarlo, PT, DPT, MHA, board-certified sports physical therapy clinical specialist, ATC
Robert A. Panariello MS, PT, ATC
Timothy J. Stump MS, PT
Dean Maddalone PTA, CSCS, USAW
Ryan McDivitt, PT, DPT, board-certified sports physical therapy clinical specialist, ATC
Thurman V. Alvey, III, DO
Aaron M. Hudnall, Oral Surgeon
Daniel Schmidt, PTR
Michele Macedonio, MS, RDN
Angelo Marsella, ATC, MA
cert_Insert Up To
cert_OH approval code
- List the common risk factors for injuries of youth athletes and common injuries.
- Establish recommendations for prevention, care and appropriate management of athletic-related injury, illnesses and concussions identifying the signs and symptoms of a concussion and implement a Return to Play protocol.
- Discuss the signs and symptoms of burnout in the youth athlete and implement healthy coaching strategies for the injured youth athlete.
- Discuss the physiological and anatomical differences in children that should be considered to prevent dehydration and diminish sport performance and explain the metabolic differences effecting energy requirements of youth athlete.
- Develop a safe and effective program design for performance enhancement of the adolescent athlete, including the two most important training variables and the relationship existing between them.
- Describe the key considerations in the prevention of injuries in youth athletes and utilize the Modified Blazina Scale for recommendations for return to play.
Sponsored by logo
Brought to you by
|2||Assessment_Medical Considerations for the Youth Athlete|
- Non Member$350.00(until 12/31/2030)
- Member$210.00(until 12/31/2030)
- Sports$189.00(until 12/31/2030)