Functional Medicine: A Foundational Support for Physical Therapist Practice
This Webinar is scheduled for April 12, 2018 - 1:00 - 2:00 p.m. (EST)
WEBINAR FORMAT! The prerecording will be made available 2-3 weeks in advance - you will receive an email notice. You must review this and be prepared to interact with the presenters during the live session on April 12th. The recorded content will not be replayed during the live Q and A session on April 12th. Please prepare a few questions for the live session and email them directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 10th using the subject line: "Questions for April 12th Webinar". **Please do not call or email Member Services.**
This course will educate the audience about Functional Medicine and how Functional Medicine principles can be implemented in clinical practice. Functional Medicine addresses the root cause of illness and health promotion through supportive diet and lifestyle choices.
Meet our Speaker
Donna DeSanto Ott, PT MS, is a pediatric physical therapist practicing in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She is currently a physical therapy doctoral student at Arcadia University and has a strong interest in environmental medicine. She is certified by the Functional Medicine Coaching Academy (FMCA), a collaborative of the Institute for Functional Medicine, and by Epidemic Answers, through which she provides health coaching.
cert_Insert Up To
- Explain the benefits of applying Functional Medicine principles to support a patient receiving physical therapy services.
- pply a systems biology approach to promote health.
- Have an awareness and basic understanding of the Functional Medicine Timeline and Matrix.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of modifiable lifestyle factors that can be used to support health and healing.
- Discuss simple, practical ways to support natural detoxification pathways.
- Identify resources that will help patients address the root cause of disease.
Brought to you by
- Non Member$169.00(until 12/31/2030)
- Member$99.00(until 12/31/2030)