Professionalism Module 3: Ethical Compass
This course addresses ethics terminology and history, ethics versus. law, the role of ethics in professionalism and business relationships, the RIPS ethical decision-making model, and application of the model to case situations. This module will help you approach ethical situations with confidence that you can make ethical decisions and implement a course of action.
This module helps fulfill the professionalism prerequisite requirement for completing APTA's Advanced Clinical Instructor Education and Credentialing Program. You do not have to be enrolled in the Advanced CIECP to take this course and earn CEU credit.
cert_Insert Up To
cert_NV credit value
cert_OH approval code
cert_PA DA hours
cert_PA Ethics hours
cert_PA Gen hours
After completing this module, you should be able to:
- Identify the correct ethical term outlined in the scenario, provided with a scenario and a list of ethical terms.
- Identify definitions of commonly used ethical terminology.
- Apply the steps of the RIPS model of ethical decision-making to an ethical situation.
- Determine a course of action in response to an ethical situation presented by a case scenario Identify the correct ethical principle used for each given example of commonly encountered ethical situations in physical therapy.
Brought to you by
- Non Member$72.00(until 12/31/2030)
- Member$0.00(until 12/31/2030)