This Learning Path is designed to incorporate evidence based practice and utilization of new directions and concepts for the management of people with neurological disorders.
- Critically evaluate primary sources of evidence on functional outcomes and assessments for patients with neurological disorders and integrate the results into case-based clinical decision-making.
- Demonstrate understanding of information test properties as they relate to outcome measures used with individuals with neurological impairment and in research reports.
- Critically evaluate systematic reviews and meta-analyses as sources of clinical evidence on therapeutic interventions for persons with neurological health conditions; demonstrate integration of information obtained from intervention studies to the management of the individual patients.
- Describe theories of neuro-plasticity following lesions to the nervous system and discuss implications for therapeutic interventions for patients with neurological health conditions
- Describe current models/theories of normal and neuro-pathological balance and gait function; discuss the implications of this information for the evaluation of and interventions for gait impairments and functional limitations for patients with neurological health conditions.
- Describe the emerging role of technology neurorehabilitation.
- Understand the interaction of cognition as it relates to mobility and discuss how this interaction may impact physical therapy care.
NOTE: The complete syllabus is available in the resources section of this Learning Path. Module-specific presentations will be available within each module.
cert_NV credit value
cert_OH approval code
cert_PA DA hours
cert_PA Ethics hours
cert_PA Gen hours
Learning Path Type
Brought to you by
New Directions and Considerations in Neurorehabilitation
Neurorehabilitation - Module 1
Neurorehabilitation - Module 2
Neurorehabilitation - Module 3
Neurorehabilitation - Module 4
Neurorehabilitation - Module 5
Neurorehabilitation - Module 6
Neurorehabilitation - Module 7
- Non Member$450.00(until 12/31/2030)
- Member$270.00(until 12/31/2030)