This OncoReads course offering is designed to assess the reader’s understanding of the role of immunotherapies as a treatment within oncology and assess the reader’s knowledge on implications for physical therapy with someone undergoing immunotherapy treatment.
Meet the Author
The author team for this OncoReads offering was led by Lisa Stehno-Bittel, PhD, who has more than 25 years of research experience in the fields of cell biology and diabetes, over 70 publications, and numerous patents. T. Tabares, and T. Unmack were doctor of physical therapy students at the University of Kansas Medical Center at the time of writing. Dr. Stehno-Bittel licensed her patents from the University of Kansas Medical Center and founded the biotech firm, Likarda in 2012. That year during Global Entrepreneurship Week, Likarda was named one of the 50 Most Promising Start-Ups in the World. Likarda’s scientists conduct research for the pharmaceutical industry. As President, she guided the company to a revenue-positive status within 18 months of launching. This past year, they successfully completed their series A funding, bringing $4M to complete canine clinical trials. Lisa was trained as a physical therapist and worked in the PT field for 5 years before obtaining her PhD in Physiology and Cell Biology. She completed a post-doctoral fellowship in Pharmacology at Mayo and has been on the University of Kansas Medical Center’s faculty since that time. She has won numerous awards and was named by Ingram’s Magazine as One of Fifty Kansans You Should Know.
cert_Insert Up To
cert_NV credit value
cert_OH approval code
cert_PA Gen hours
- Identify and define two categories of immunotherapy treatments uses within oncology.
- Define checkpoint inhibitors and chimeric antigen receptor T cells (CAR-T) role in cancer treatment.
- Distinguish between side effects checkpoint inhibitors and chimeric antigen receptor T cells (CAR-T).
- Identify red flags, precautions, and contraindications related to physical therapy with patients undergoing immunotherapy treatment
Sponsored by logo
Brought to you by
- Non Member$90.00(until 12/31/2030)
- Member$54.00(until 12/31/2030)
- Oncology$48.60(until 12/31/2030)