In this session the presenter will review the benefits of aquatic therapeutic interventions in the treatment of lower extremity impairments. Aquatic balance, strengthening and plyometric interventions are provided to meet the needs of various skill levels. Relevant aquatic therapy research will be discussed as it relates to the clinical decision-making process. The goal of this session is to provide the clinician skills to apply the research recommendations into practice.
Meet Your Presenter
Beth Scalone, PT, DPT, OCS. Beth is the owner of North County Water and Sports Therapy Center in San Diego CA, specializing in aquatic and orthopedic physical therapy since 1997. Beth is an Orthopedic Certified Specialist, certified STOTT Pilates instructor, and an Aquatic Therapy Rehabilitation Institute Certified therapist. In 2010, Beth was honored with Aquatic Therapy Rehabilitation Institute's Tsunami Spirit award for her contribution to aquatic therapy education. In 2012 she was named Aquatic Therapy Professional of the year. In 2015 the Aquatic Section of the APTA presented Beth with the Judy Cirullo Ward in recognition of her promotion of aquatic therapy. Additional aquatic therapy certifications include, Master Instructor for the Burdenko Method and Trainer for AquaStretch™, a myofascial release technique performed in the water. Along with continuing to actively treat patients, Beth travels the county and world providing continuing education courses with the focus on aquatic therapy.
Courses are designed to be viewed in the following browsers: Internet Explorer (IE 10/11) or Firefox. This course will not properly function on any Apple Device or the Edge browser.
cert_Insert Up To
cert_NV credit value
cert_PA Gen hours
- List at least four therapeutic benefits of aquatic environment in relationship to the rehabilitation of various lower extremity injuries and impairments.
- Integrate current research recommendations and findings with aquatic interventions to maximize your patient’s plan of care and return to function.
- Apply at least 4 aquatic techniques to challenge your clients balance in the aquatic environment.
Sponsored by logo
Brought to you by
|1||Aquatics and Lower Extremities_FINAL.mp4|
- Non Member$120.00(until 12/31/2030)
- Member$80.00(until 12/31/2030)
- Aquatics$60.00(until 12/31/2030)