Orthopedic physical therapy practice and clinical research traditionally focus on the type of treatment delivered to patients. The role of motor control, along with manual therapy and exercise, is well established in the treatment of patients with musculoskeletal disorders. Emphasis is placed on choosing the right technique or exercise with very little thought on the overall sequencing of treatment methods and how they fit into the overall plan of care. This session will present a paradigm that includes purposeful ordering along with dosing of the different aspects of treatment, including: checking asterisk signs, manual therapy, motor control, in-treatment reassessment, functional warm-up/cool down, speed/agility/power, strength, and metabolic conditioning.
cert_Insert Up To
cert_NV credit value
cert_OH approval code
cert_PA DA hours
cert_PA Ethics hours
cert_PA Gen hours
- Better organize treatment methods in order to receive optimal outcomes.
- Understand the role of asterisk signs and in-treatment reassessment.
- Integrate strength and conditioning principles into treatment.
Veterans Administration (VA) Students
Brought to you by
|1||Rehab Treatment Paradigm|
- Non Member$169.00(until 12/31/2030)
- Member$99.00(until 12/31/2030)