In 2014, more than 400,000 Medicare beneficiaries received a hip or knee replacement, costing more than $7 billion for the hospitalizations alone. Despite the high volume of these surgeries, quality and costs of care still vary greatly among providers. On April 1, 2016, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) finalized the Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement (CJR) model, which holds hospitals accountable for the quality of care they deliver to Medicare fee-for-service beneficiaries for hip and knee replacements and/or other major leg procedures, from surgery through recovery. CMS also has proposed to expand the program to include surgeries for hip and femur fractures. Through this payment model, hospitals in 67 geographic areas receive additional payments, if they meet a certain target price and quality metrics. If not, they potentially have to repay Medicare for a portion of the spending for care for the applicable episode. In this webinar, you will gain insight from physical therapists who are on the frontline of implementation, and who can share business and clinical tips on how to manage patient populations in the CJR model. In addition, you will learn the most up-to-date information on current trends in bundled payment and the impact on physical therapist practice.
cert_Insert Up To
cert_NV credit value
cert_OH approval code
cert_PA DA hours
cert_PA Ethics hours
cert_PA Gen hours
- Explain the CJR model and the potential impact on physical therapist practice.
- Describe key factors that may influence the decision to become a collaborator in the CJR model.
- Determine the changes to practice operations you need to make in order to be successful in CJR and other bundled payment models.
- Learn about possible challenges and opportunities from physical therapists who are currently implementing the CJR model.
- Provide the most up-to-date information on the Medicare rules and regulations that govern CJR and bundled payment models.
Brought to you by
|1||Webinar_ CJR Model_21_0.mp4|
- Non Member$169.00(until 12/31/2030)
- Member$0.00(until 12/31/2030)