Information on APTA’s Revised Code of Ethics for the Physical Therapist and Standards of Ethical Conduct for the Physical Therapist Assistant
The APTA Code of Ethics for the Physical Therapist and Standards of Ethical Conduct for the Physical Therapist Assistant are covered in this online course. The Code of Ethics for the Physical Therapist addresses the five roles of the PT (clinician, administrator, educator, researcher, and consultant), the core values of the profession, and the multiple realms of ethical action. The Standards of Ethical Conduct for the Physical Therapist Assistant more fully address the roles of the PTA in all areas of physical therapy and the multiple realms of ethical action. This online course provides a brief history of ethics in physical therapy, discusses the rationale for revising the Code and Standards in 2010, and examines the revised Code and Standards in detail.
NOTE: This is a prerequisite course for PTA’s pursuing the advanced proficiency pathway (APP).
After completing this module, you should be able to:
1. Recall how and why the Code of Ethics and Standards of Ethical Conduct were revised by APTA.
2. Separate fact from fiction regarding revised ethics documents.
3. Identify the central ethical obligations set forth in the revised Code of Ethics and Standards of Ethical Conduct.
- Click on the Contents tab to open the PowerPoint.
- Click the Take Quiz button to complete the assessment. Learners will have 3 attempts to pass and must answer at least 70% of questions correctly.
- Click Fill Out Survey under the Evaluation listing to provide valuable course feedback. Scroll down on all questions as there may be answer options that expand past the size of the window.
- Click the View/Print Your Certificate button under the Certificate listing. You can view/print your certificate at any time by visiting the APTA Learning Center and clicking the CEU Certificate/Transcript link on the left-hand side of the page.
For assistance logging in, accessing activities, claiming credit, or for other questions or concerns, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|