IFOMPT: Reframing Care for People with Persistent MSK Pain
Why do we need to change our direction?
- We are not being honest with people seeking care.
- We are prioritising low-value and high-cost procedures on an industrial scale.
- The provision of healthcare is inequitable and unsustainable.
How as a profession can we provide better care to the communities we are serving?
Professor of Musculoskeletal Research, Physiotherapist
Dr. Jeremy Lewis is a Consultant Physiotherapist, Professor of Musculoskeletal Research, Sonographer and Independent Prescriber. He has been awarded a Fellowship of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy and he has been acknowledged as one of the 5 most eminent clinicians in his profession (The UK Department of Health National AHP Clinical Expert Database). He assesses and treats patients with shoulder problems and performs ultrasound guided injections, if appropriate and required, as part of the treatment process. His main areas of clinical expertise are rotator cuff related shoulder pain (impingement syndrome / rotator cuff tendinopathy), shoulder pain syndromes and frozen shoulder.
He has a PhD and postgraduate diplomas in: Medical Imaging, Biomechanics, Sports Physiotherapy and an MSc in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy, and practice certificates in injection therapy and independent prescribing. He has presented numerous keynote and invited presentations at international conferences. He is a fellow of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (FCSP) and was co-editor and author for Grieve's Modern Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy (4th edition), Elsevier.
- Click on the Contents tab to watch the course recording.
- Click the Take Quiz button to complete the assessment. Learners will have 3 attempts to pass and must answer at least 70% of questions correctly.
- Click Fill Out Survey under the Evaluation listing to provide valuable course feedback. Scroll down on all questions as there may be answer options that expand past the size of the window.
- Click the View/Print Your Certificate button under the Certificate listing. You can view/print your certificate at any time by visiting the APTA Learning Center and clicking the CEU Certificate/Transcript link on the left-hand side of the page.
For assistance logging in, accessing activities, claiming credit, or for other questions or concerns, please e-mail email@example.com.