ACAPT: Demystifying Academic Freedom, Promotion, and Tenure
This legal webinar brings together a panel of experts to explore common legal issues, policies, and procedures related to academic freedom and promotion and tenure and how these policies can protect all stakeholders including the faculty, program/institution, chair/program director, and administration.
1. Decrease personal risk by recognizing the boundaries of what is (and is not) covered by academic freedom.
2. Decrease the institutional risk by establishing and following defensible promotion and/or tenure policies.
3. Cultivate realistic expectations during performance appraisals and pre-tenure reviews.
4. Implement strategies that hold underperforming faculty accountable.
University of Delaware, Deputy General Counsel
University of Central Florida, Program Director
PT, PhD, FAPTA
Medical University of South Carolina, Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs & Provost
University of Delaware, Program Director
- Click on the Contents tab to watch the course recording.
- Click the Take Quiz button to complete the assessment. Learners will have 3 attempts to pass and must answer at least 70% of questions correctly.
- Click Fill Out Survey under the Evaluation listing to provide valuable course feedback. Scroll down on all questions as there may be answer options that expand past the size of the window.
- Click the View/Print Your Certificate button under the Certificate listing. You can view/print your certificate at any time by visiting the APTA Learning Center and clicking the CEU Certificate/Transcript link on the left-hand side of the page.
For assistance logging in, accessing activities, claiming credit, or for other questions or concerns, please e-mail email@example.com.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|