CCIP Booster: Module 4: Managing the Exceptional Student
The CCIP Booster Modules are designed for anyone who has previously completed the Level 1 (or basic) CCIP course. They are intended as "refreshers" or additional practice for key topics covered in Level 1. This module course provides a brief review of the content related to managing the exceptional student, including practice using various planning and documentation tools.
1. Define the term exception student in PT/PTA clinical education.
2. Given a case scenario, develop appropriate solutions to advance student learning.
3. Use various tools for formative evaluation of the exception student, including the anecdotal record, critical incident report, weekly and planning form.
4. Complete a Program Planning Flow Chart and Learning Contract.
Dana E. Martin
Dana is an Associate Teaching Faculty and Director of Clinical Education for the University of Missouri. Dana graduated with a Master’s in Physical Therapy from the University of Missouri in 2003 and Doctor of Science from Andrews University in 2011. Dana practiced in outpatient orthopedics full time where she assumed roles of clinical instructor and site coordinator of clinical education. Dana is a trainer for both the Credentialed Clinical Instructor Program (CCIP) Level I and Level II. She continues to be clinically active seeing patients in the department’s pro-bono clinic as well as through her PRN work. Dana serves as a clinical instructor in her department’s pro-bono clinic.
Stephanie L. Rehm
PT, DPT, MS
Board-certified Specialist in Geriatric Physical Therapy, Board-certified Specialist in Neurologic Physical Therapy, Certified Lymphedema Therapist, Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center Winston-Salem, NC
Ralph R. Utzman
PT, MPH, PhD
Dr. Utzman is Professor and Director of Clinical Education at West Virginia University's Division of Physical Therapy. He earned a bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy and a Master of Public Health from WVU, and a PhD in Health Related Sciences/Physical Therapy track at the MCV Campus of Virginia Commonwealth University. Dr. Utzman has been a credentialed trainer for the CCIP Level 1 course since 1998 and the Level 2 course since 2010. He currently serves on the APTA's CCIP Advisory Workgroup.
- Click on the Contents tab to watch the course recording.
- Click the Take Quiz button to complete the assessment. Learners will have 3 attempts to pass and must answer at least 70% of questions correctly.
- Click Fill Out Survey under the Evaluation listing to provide valuable course feedback. Scroll down on all questions as there may be answer options that expand past the size of the window.
- Click the View/Print Your Certificate button under the Certificate listing. You can view/print your certificate at any time by visiting the APTA Learning Center and clicking the CEU Certificate/Transcript link on the left-hand side of the page.
For assistance logging in, accessing activities, claiming credit, or for other questions or concerns, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|