CHSPT Webinar: Therapy Dosage and Correlation with 30-day Readmissions for Hospital Patients
This webinar was recorded on June 16, 2021, for the Council on Health Systems for PT (CHSPT).
Research, focusing on care transition models in Physical and Occupational Therapy play a significant role in reducing readmissions and safe discharge. But can patient diagnostic groups and therapy dosage impact patient outcomes and reduction in hospital readmissions? Is the amount of physical and occupational therapy received by patients with pneumonia correlated with 30-day hospital readmission? Hospitals continue to look at evidenced and algorithm-based resource allocations for variations in care delivery.
This course will outline the use of the Activity Measure for Post-Acute Care (AM-PAC) – “6 Clicks” Inpatient Short Forms for Mobility and Daily Activity and a daily Nurse-Therapy communication /huddle as the two most important steps in identifying the physical therapy needs of the hospitalized patient. Narrowing to some specificity, we will discuss the findings of a retrospective review of the dosage of therapy (physical and occupational) on Pneumonia patients, a high readmission group at our large academic medical centers, and how this data may drive future care plans and therapy resource allocation.
- Describe how the AM-PAC basic mobility score may assist in allocation of physical therapy (PT) and nursing resources for mobility versus skilled need
- Leveraging the integration of the AM-PAC into the EHR to develop intelligent and automatic allocation of PT resources
- Utilizing huddle/communication strategies to identify physical therapy needs, prioritize patient care, and review readmission risks
- Discuss association between therapy visits and the risk of 30-day readmission
- Utilizing data to promote patient care programs
Regional Director UPMC Centers for rehab Services
Regional Director, UPMC Centers for Rehab Services
Professor, Dept Of Physical Therapy University of Pittsburgh
- Click on the Contents tab to watch the course recording.
- Click the Take Quiz button to complete the assessment. Learners will have 3 attempts to pass and must answer at least 70% of questions correctly.
- Click Fill Out Survey under the Evaluation listing to provide valuable course feedback. Scroll down on all questions as there may be answer options that expand past the size of the window.
- Click the View/Print Your Certificate button under the Certificate listing. You can view/print your certificate at any time by visiting the APTA Learning Center and clicking the CEU Certificate/Transcript link on the left-hand side of the page.
For assistance logging in, accessing activities, claiming credit, or for other questions or concerns, please e-mail email@example.com.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|