Introduction to Expressive and Art-Based Therapies for Rehab Professionals
- Non-Member - $119
- PT Member - $49
- PTA Member - $49
- Student - $49
- Post-Professional Student - $49
The Introduction to Expressive and Art-Based Therapies for Rehab Professionals course will discuss the benefits of art therapy, dance therapy, music therapy, drama therapy, poetry therapy, play therapy, and expressive writing therapy through evidence-informed research and through interactive hands-on experiences. This presentation will provide clinician’s insights into strategies that may be used as an adjunct to standard practice for various medical conditions such as chronic pain, anxiety, depression, obesity, back pain, fibromyalgia, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, dementia, and Alzheimer’s disease.
1. Define concepts in expressive therapies and healing arts for use in medicine and rehabilitation.
2. Review components of expressive therapies and healing arts for use in medicine and rehabilitation.
3. Identify evidence-based expressive therapies and healing arts for use medicine and rehabilitation.
PT, DPT, MS
Ziya “Z” Altug, PT, DPT, MS, Board-Certified Clinical Specialist in Orthopaedic Physical Therapy. He has 32 years of clinical experience in treating musculoskeletal conditions. Dr. Z received a bachelor’s degree in physical therapy from the University of Pittsburgh and his DPT from the College of St. Scholastica. Prior to entering physical therapy, he obtained a master’s degree in sport and exercise studies and a bachelor’s degree in physical education from West Virginia University. He has been a longstanding member of the APTA for the past 29 years and a recent member of the American College of Lifestyle Medicine. Dr. Z uses integrative and lifestyle medicine to help his patients and clients recover and heal. He treats patients privately in Los Angeles and is a continuing education instructor for several online education companies.
- Click on the Contents tab to watch the course recording.
- Click the Take Quiz button to complete the assessment. Learners will have 3 attempts to pass and must answer at least 70% of questions correctly.
- Click Fill Out Survey under the Evaluation listing to provide valuable course feedback. Scroll down on all questions as there may be answer options that expand past the size of the window.
- Click the View/Print Your Certificate button under the Certificate listing. You can view/print your certificate at any time by visiting the APTA Learning Center and clicking the CEU Certificate/Transcript link on the left-hand side of the page.
For assistance logging in, accessing activities, claiming credit, or for other questions or concerns, please e-mail email@example.com.