Jurisprudence Essentials for Alabama Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, and Students (2020 Version)
Jurisprudence is the science and application of law to practical situations. To assure practice in an ethical and legal manner, clinicians must first thoroughly understand the laws, rules and regulations that govern physical therapy. In Alabama, new graduates are required to pass a jurisprudence exam for licensure and current licensees are required to take a course on Alabama PT laws and regulations once every two years to renew their license The purpose of this course is to provide participants with a thorough understanding of the laws, rules and regulations that govern physical therapy practice in Alabama through case studies, discussions, and lecture. This course is appropriate for PTs and PTAs and will fulfill the newly established requirements for licensure renewal in Alabama. The course is also helpful for PT and PTA students preparing to take the jurisprudence exam.
- Examine the goals, make-up, and responsibilities of the Alabama Board of Physical Therapy.
- Identify the purpose and format of the Alabama Physical Therapy Practice Act and Administrative Code.
- Analyze legal and ethical questions concerning related to the practice of physical therapy using the Alabama Physical Therapy Practice Act and Administrative Code.
- Apply ethical and legal decision making to determine effective and efficient answers to legal/ethical case studies presented within the course.
David M Morris
- Click on the Contents tab to watch the course recording.
- Click the Take Quiz button to complete the assessment. Learners will have 3 attempts to pass and must answer at least 70% of questions correctly.
- Click Fill Out Survey under the Evaluation listing to provide valuable course feedback. Scroll down on all questions as there may be answer options that expand past the size of the window.
- Click the View/Print Your Certificate button under the Certificate listing. You can view/print your certificate at any time by visiting the APTA Learning Center and clicking the CEU Certificate/Transcript link on the left-hand side of the page.
For assistance logging in, accessing activities, claiming credit, or for other questions or concerns, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|