Medications: Defining the Role and Responsibility of Physical Therapy Practice
NOTE: APTA does not issue CEUs for this course.
1. Recognize the relevance of medication utilization of our aging population
2. Understand variability in physical therapy practice related to medications
3. Identify practice expectations specific to the home health setting relevant to public safety
Dee has been a physical therapist for 30 years, is a past administrator and co-owner of a Medicare-certified home health agency. Dee now provides training and education to home health industry providers through a consulting business, Kornetti and Krafft Health Care Solutions, with her business partners Cindy Krafft and Sherry Teague, where she serves as its Chief Operations Officer. Dee is nationally recognized as a speaker in the areas of home care, standardized tests and measures in the field of physical therapy, therapy training and staff development, including OASIS, coding, and documentation, in the home health arena. Dee is the current President of the American Physical Therapy Association’s Home Health Section and serves on the APTA’s national Post-Acute Work Group.
PT, DPT, MHS
Matt is a graduate of the University of Louisville where he received a Bachelor of Health Science Degree in Physical Therapy. He also completed both Master of Health Science and Doctor of Physical Therapy Degrees from the University of Indianapolis, Krannert School of Physical Therapy. He is a Board-Certified Orthopaedic Clinical Specialist and a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist. He currently serves as Secretary and member of the executive committee for the Home Health Section of the American Physical Therapy Association and also a member of the orthopaedic and geriatric sections. He has served the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy and the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties in varying committee’s and task forces. He has lectured and presented on a national level and is currently employed by Kindred at Home as Division AVP of Therapy Practice and Quality.
- Click on the Contents tab to watch the course recording.
- Click Fill Out Survey under the Evaluation listing to provide valuable course feedback. Scroll down on all questions as there may be answer options that expand past the size of the window.
- Click the View/Print Your Certificate button under the Certificate listing. You can view/print your certificate at any time by visiting the APTA Learning Center and clicking the CEU Certificate/Transcript link on the left-hand side of the page.
For assistance logging in, accessing activities, claiming credit, or for other questions or concerns, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.