Telerehabilitation and Geriatrics – Expanding access and care services to prevent frailty and falls
APTA and the Veteran's Administration have partnered and this is one of the topics provided by the Veteran's Administration to our Members free of charge.
TeleRehabilitation is a new and emerging service offered in physical medicine and rehabilitation services, especially for the geriatric population where there are increased barriers to accessing care. From the perspective of a VA clinician, this class takes a look at TeleRehabilitation options for physical therapy practice, focusing on the geriatric population and types of service delivery models that may be used to help fill service delivery gaps. The class also provides guidelines on how to begin your own physical therapy TeleRehabilitation service as a supplement to your regular treatment program.
1. Describe Telehealth and Telerehabilitation services
2. Discuss benefits and limitations to Telerehabilitation and Geriatrics
3. Provide case examples of Telerehabilitation for Geriatrics
4. Identify Telerehabilitation protocol for fall prevention programs
Amanda Olney, DPT is a Board Certified Geriatric Specialist who experienced telehealth while on special assignment supportin VHA and Office of RUral Health intiaitives. She is a proven leader as a Captain in the Army earning the Bronze star Medal for meritorious service during the OIF-OEF deployment operations.
- Click on the Contents tab to watch the course recording.
- Click the Take Quiz button to complete the assessment. Learners will have 3 attempts to pass and must answer at least 70% of questions correctly.
- Click Fill Out Survey under the Evaluation listing to provide valuable course feedback. Scroll down on all questions as there may be answer options that expand past the size of the window.
- Click the View/Print Your Certificate button under the Certificate listing. You can view/print your certificate at any time by visiting the APTA Learning Center and clicking the CEU Certificate/Transcript link on the left-hand side of the page.
For assistance logging in, accessing activities, claiming credit, or for other questions or concerns, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|