Brain Injury Certificate
Includes a Live Web Event on 02/29/2024 at 12:00 PM (EST)
This six-part series will explore the physical therapist approach to patient management following a brain injury. In these courses, participants will learn about brain injury rehabilitation, including the use of mindfulness meditation and psychoeducation intervention, as well as exploring evidence-based tools for improving physical, cognitive, and psychosocial health following brain injury. Primary diagnoses to be covered includes post-concussion syndrome, traumatic brain injury, and more.
PLEASE NOTE: courses will be released as they are developed. However, all six parts must be completed in order to receive the Brain Injury Certificate.
To view the learning objectives* and speaker credentials for each course, please click on the links below:
- Trauma-Informed Meditation, Breathwork, and Yoga for Concussion and TBI
- Physical Therapy Approach to Brain Injury Rehabilitation in the Inpatient Rehab Setting
* Information on the remaining four courses will be posted as it becomes available.
MPH, PhD, Certified Brain Injury Specialist, Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher
Dr. Pearce (she/her) is the Senior Director of Programs and Research at LoveYourBrain, a national nonprofit that delivers evidence-based holistic health programs for the brain injury community. She oversees the design, implementation, and evaluation of LoveYourBrain Yoga, Mindset, and Retreats programs on a large scale. She has trained over 2,500 clinicians, yoga teachers, brain injury advocates, people with brain injury, and caregivers in how to adapt yoga, mindfulness, and psychoeducation for this population. She has developed a range of TBI-specific evidence-based yoga and mindfulness program curricula and integrated them into 60+ community and 30+ clinical contexts and online. She recently completed a NIH Postdoctoral Research Fellowship at Dartmouth College investigating the impact of yoga and meditation for people with neurological conditions, including traumatic brain injury, and has published in several peer-reviewed scientific journals on these topics. She lives in Vermont with her husband, the Executive Director of LoveYourBrain Foundation, and their three children. You can learn more about her here.
- Click on the Contents tab to watch the course recordings.
- After each course, you will need to complete a post-course assessment. Click the Take Quiz button to complete the assessment. Learners will have 3 attempts to pass each assessment and must answer at least 70% of questions correctly.
- Click Fill Out Survey under the Evaluation listing to provide valuable course feedback. Scroll down on all questions as there may be answer options that expand past the size of the window.
- Click the View/Print Your Certificate button under the Certificate listing. You can view/print your certificate at any time by visiting the APTA Learning Center and clicking the CEU Certificate/Transcript link on the left-hand side of the page.
For assistance logging in, accessing activities, claiming credit, or for other questions or concerns, please e-mail email@example.com.